Begin your training with online, on-demand coursework to fit your busy schedule!
Practice your skills as the OT DRS in the front seat & learn to drive adaptive equipment during our live workshop!
OT Driver Rehabilitation Specialist
Enter the field of driver rehabilitation with confidence as an OT DRS!
What is the OT DRS professional certificate?
The Occupational Therapist Driver Rehabilitation Specialist (OT DRS) professional certificate is a verifiable designation that attests that the designated occupational therapist has completed sixty hours of advanced education focused on occupational therapy’s role with driver rehabilitation with Adaptive Mobility Services.
The OT DRS professional certificate is achieved by completing both Adaptive Mobility’s Part 1 Driving Risk Assessment Education (online) and Part 2 OT Driver Rehab Specialist Training (online & live).
This certificate signals that the OT DRS has completed foundational knowledge, including critical hands-on training, in the field of driver rehabilitation.
The OT DRS provides comprehensive driver evaluations, in-vehicle assessment, adaptive equipment training, and vehicle modification assessments.
The certificate is valid for two years, renewable, and includes membership in our OT Driver Rehab Specialist Directory.
The OT DRS is eligible to pursue the ADED DRP and CDRS.
Course Instructor: Susie Touchinsky, OTR/L, SCDCM, CDRS
Part 2 includes online courses & 3 days of live workshop (35 hours). All online courses must be completed prior to hands-on training.
Level of learning/education level: Advanced.
Live workshop space is limited to to ensure optimal learning and to maximize your hands-on time in the vehicle.
Workshops will be held from 8:30 am to 5 pm on Days 1 & 2 and from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm on Day 3
Part 1 is a pre-requisite for Part 2. If you have taken an alternative introductory course to driver rehab, please reach out to email@example.com with your course information & certificate to determine eligibility.
Workshops are offered in Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania, a small suburb outside of Harrisburg. This setting offers a range of idea driving environments, so participants can be introduced to concepts on quiet roads & then progressed into more complex driving environments. Transportation & accommodation resources available upon request.
Interested in hosting your own Take the Wheel Workshop in your geography? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
CE Provider & Contact: Adaptive Mobility Services, CE Administrator: email@example.com APP Provider #: 6874
- August 1-3, 2018 - Pennsylvania
- October 8-10, 2018 - Pennsylvania
- May 13-14, 2019 - Pennsylvania PRIVATE WORKSHOP
- June 19-21, 20219 - Pennsylvania SOLD OUT
- July 31-August 2, 2019 - Pennsylvania
- September 9-11, 2019 - Colorado Springs, CO - SOLD OUT
- May 27-29, 2020 - Pennsylvania - SOLD OUT
- September 1-3, 2020 - Pennsylvania - PRIVATE WORKSHOP
- September 28-30, 2020 - Pennsylvania - SOLD OUT
- March 24-26, 2021 - Colorado Springs, CO - SOLD OUT
- May 2-4, 2021 - Pennsylvania - PRIVATE WORKSHOP
- May 5-7, 2021 - Pennsylvania - SOLD OUT
- May 17-19, 2021 - Boise, Idaho - PRIVATE WORKSHOP
- June 21-23, 2021 - Pennsylvania - SOLD OUT
- July 25-27, 2021 - Pennsylvania - SOLD OUT
- September 28-October 1, 2021 - Pennsylvania - SOLD OUT
- March 21-23, 2022 - Pennsylvania - SOLD OUT
- April 11-13, 2022 - Postponed
- June 22-24, 2022 - Pennsylvania - SOLD OUT
- July 7 & 8, 2022 - Pennsylvania - PRIVATE WORKSHOP
- July 11-13, 2022 - Pennsylvania
- August 1-3, 2022 Florida - PRIVATE WORKSHOP